Sunday, February 25, 2007

l'air

suffocated with love. to gasp for breath--an inspiration of dream-scent. my eyes lid over with liquid to spare myself the loss of the moment. can one vision, one incidentless afternoon be everything you've ever seen or known or wanted?
the same pilgrimage from another approach almost brought me to my knees today. godless, even deathless as I am this close to 21. twenty-one. curving up the path alongside the lit-green hill, a tall holly bush shifting and whispering with the wind of the sun, I looked up and over and found myself in Cape Breton, climbing to draw eye-level with those irregular giants of stone and earth. people's voices played the part of distant shoal-bound waves and hungry gulls. the city stretched out blue to the horizon and for a moment I thought I saw a boat coming in.
have safe harbor in my heart, hope. I'll care for you as you do bouy my spirit and draw me out into strange waters. when worlds multiply, divide, and shimmer to and from existance before my eyes, how can I say I lack? if I lack it's only for breath. give me air again and again and I'll give you all I have, life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home